1. Where do the Trojans go because the weather is not fit for sailing?
2. Who is Aeneas’ Dardan friend that warmly welcomes them in Sicily?
3. How many ships competed in the ship race?
4. What ship and captain won the ship race?
A: Cloanthus and Syclla.
5. Who is Nisus’ great love?
6. Who wins the boxing match: Dares or Entellus?
7. Why does Acestes win the archery contest although Eurytion shot down the dove?
A: His arrow shot into flames like a shooting star.
8. Who did the games honor?
9. Who does Juno send to burn down the Trojan fleet?
A: The goddess Iris.
10. How does Iris disguise herself?
A: As one of the weeping Trojan women.
11. What does Iris try to persuade the Trojan women to do?
A: To burn down the Trojan fleet.
12. How do the Trojan women know that Iris isn’t the real Beroe?
A: One of the women just left Beroe, who was sick.
13. How were the flames put out?
A: Jove sent a flood of rain.
14. What did Allecto throw at Prince Turnus?
A: A Torch.
15. Who is the eldest son of Tyrrhus?
16. Who was killed while begging for peace?
17. What is the name of the famous place deep in Italy’s heart beneath high mountains?
A: The Valley of Amsanctus.
18. Why was Latinus pressed to declare war on Aeneas’ son?
A: So that the deadly gates could be unbarred.
19. Who opened the iron Gates of War?
A: Saturn’s Daughter.
20. What animal does Ascanius kill that upsets Latinus’ herdsman?
A: A stag.
21. What were the names of Catillus’ twin sons?
A: Catillus and Coras.
22. What is the name of Neptune’s son?
23. Who accompanied Aeneas to the Underworld?
24. What god tried to bend Sybil to his will?
25. Who is the Mighty Queen of Heaven and Hell?
26. What is the name of the three-throated animal that howls in the Underworld?
27. In the Underworld, who was wandering around with wounds still fresh?
A: The Phoenician Dido.
28. Who did Dido go to after Aeneas tried to talk to her?
A: Her husband Sychaeus.
29. Who was wandering mutilated around the Underworld?
A: Priam’s son, Deiphobus.
30. What’s the name of the river that you cross into the underworld?
A: The River Styx.
31. Which god did Venus go to for help?
32. What is Vulcania?
A: The home of Vulcan.
33. What were the Cyclopes doing in the cave?
A: Forging Iron.
34. Who was the tyranic ruler of Agylla city?
A: King Mezentius.
35. What sign did Venus send to Aeneas?
A: A bolt of lightning.
36. What did Aeneas do before going to war?
A: He worshipped the gods.
37. What gifts does Aeneas receive from Venus before combat?
A: Armor forged by Vulcan.
38. Who did the sons of Romulus battle?
A: King Tatius.
39. Who is called the Lord of Lemnos?
40. Name the daughter of Latinus.
41. Latinus rules which kingdom?
42. Who tells Latinus to marry his daughter to a foreigner?
A: The Oracle of Faunus.
43. Aeneas and his captains used what as tables while eating on the beach?
A: Hard bread.
44. What does Aeneas send to Latinus?
45. What does Aeneas request from Latinus?
A: Land for a new city.
46. What does Latinus give Aeneas?
A: Land and his daughter’s hand in marriage.
47. What is the name of Latinus’ wife?
A: Queen Amata.
48. Who is Allecto?
A: A fury sent from Juno to cause anger in Latium.
49. Which two did Allecto infect first?
A: Queen Amata and Turnus.
50. What place is twice as long as far as the gaze goes up to Olympus?