1. What goddess visits Turnus and tells him to attack?
2. Where did the Trojans fight instead of on the open field?
A: Behind their walls, guarding the camp.
3. What do the Trojans’ ships turn into?
4. Why does the Berecynthian Mother of Gods turn the Trojan ships into sea-nymphs?
A: The ships were made from a pinewood that she loved.
5. What personal motivation does Turnus have for wanting to kill the Trojans?
A: They stole his bride.
6. Which two Trojan warriors go off on a suicide mission together?
A: Nisus and Euryalus.
7. Who do Nisius and Euryalus go looking for?
8. What does Iulus give Euryalus?
A: A sword of gold.
9. What does Euryalus take of Rhammes’?
A: His battle-emblems and gold-studded belt.
10. What does Euryalus wear of Messapus?
A: His helmet.
11. What gives Euryalus and Nisus away?
A: Messapus’ helmet glints in the dark.
12.Who is Nisus looking for in the woods?
13.Who did Nisus strike in the back with a spear?
14. Who killed Euryalus?
15. Who shot for the first time in war the flying arrow he saved?
16. Name Alcanor of Ida’s offspring’s born by the nymph Iaera
A: Pandarus and Bitias
17. Name the power of war?
18. What is Jove’s message to the Trojan ranks?
A: Not to rush into war, the right time will come.
19. What does Venus suggest in opposition to Jove’s avoidance of war?
A: to use force to stop Turnus’ attack
20. Who does Venus wish to protect, and whom Jove would spare?
A: her grandson, Ascanius
21. In terms of victory, who does the almighty Father think should win the battle?
A: Either the trojans or the Latians; whoever’s true fate is victory
22. Who does Aeneas seek help from, who he also joins forces with?
A: King Tarchon
23. Where was Aeneas when the clash begins?
A: In the sea, sailing to Tuscany
24. How many warships were traveling to rescue Troy?
25. Who emerges from the sea and delivers the message to Aeneas about the status of the battle?
26. Who commands the Trojans to land the ships?
27. What is Turnus’ immediate reaction to the arrival of the Trojans on the coast of Tuscany?
A: he deploys his force quickly against the Trojan force to fight them at the beaches
28. Who does Aeneas kill who dared to kill him first?
29. What’s the Title of Book 12?
A: The Sword Decides All
30. Whats the name of Turnus’s Father?
31. Who plead that Turnus not fight the Trojans?
A: Queen Amata
31. What’s the name of the messenger sent to Aeneas?
33. Whose Chariot Rides the skyies Red to bring in Tomorrow’s Darn?
34. Who once wielded the spear that Turnus now holds?
A: Great Actor
35. What is the name of the Blood king of Assaracus?
36. Who was looking out from a ridge now called the Alban Mount?
37. Who did Juno talk to, to aid her brother from death?
38. What object hit Aeneas as he talked with his troops?
A: An Arrow
39. With a slash from his sword who finished off Giant Osiris?
40. During the final battle, who were talking about what Fate has in store for the Trojans?
A: Jove and Juno
41. How many men carried the corpse of Pallas to King Evander?
A: 1000 men.
42. How long was the truce between both sides?
A: 12 days.
43. Who is the leader of the Volscians?
44. Who killed Camilla in battle?
45. Which Goddess send Opis to kill Arruns?
46. Which Greek great warrior refused to come to the help of the Latins?
47. Who is Camilla’s father?
48. Who did the Latins blame for the war?
49. Why was this person blamed for the war?
A: For his arrogance and stubbornness.